As the Cairns Chamber is a not for profit organisation that incurs large expenses associated with events which must be paid in advance, please be advised that the following policies apply:
Events Cancellation Policy
If you have paid for an event and then need to cancel, we require a minimum of two (2) working days notice prior to the event in order to obtain a refund. With the exception of events that strictly stipulate "pre-payment only" or "no refund for cancellation", where a refund will not be issued due to the nature of booking arrangements for these events. Unless specifically stated on the event invitation that the invitation is not transferable, you are able to send another person to take your place at the event if you cannot attend.
The Cairns Chamber of Commerce will issue a refund for a valid event cancellation, minus any fees, within fourteen (14) business days of notification if cancellation is received at least two (2) days prior to event.
If an event is cancelled by the Cairns Chamber after payment has been made, a full refund will be issued to you within fourteen (14) business days after scheduled date of event.
Events Late Booking Policy
Late bookings will incur a late fee to cover administration costs.
Booking closing dates are advised on all online booking pages for each event.
Any late bookings after bookings have closed and prior to the event incur a $20 late fee on top of the relevant member or non-member ticket price and must be paid by credit card over the phone on 07 4031 1838.
Any attendees who arrive at the event without a booking will incur a $20 late fee on top of the non-member ticket price (whether the attendee is a member or not) and must be paid at the event by cash.
Terms and Conditions for ‘Buy 10 Luncheons & Pay for 9’ Offer
It is the responsibility of the purchaser of the package to advise the Cairns Chamber of Commerce of the name of the purchaser representative that will be attending each luncheon. Package tickets may be transferrable to any staff member or client of the Purchaser. This notification must be provided to the Cairns Chamber no less than 2 days before each business luncheon included in the package so that priority seating may be allocated. Cancellation of this package must be advised in writing no less than 14 days in advance of the first luncheon of the package. No other refunds or part-refunds will be permitted. This package is offered on a consecutive basis and there will be no refunds for any luncheons not attended by the Purchaser.
Membership Application Terms & Conditions
- Your membership is payable at the time of submitting your application.
- Membership is confirmed once your completed application form and payment has been approved at the Management Committee meeting (held every third Thursday of each calendar month).
- Membership approval is at the discretion of the Management Committee.
- If the membership application is not approved, payment will be refunded.
- Membership is rolling and is valid for 12 months from date of approval.
- Prior to your annual membership renewal, an invoice will be sent to the primary contact which is payable prior to the membership expiry date.
- Membership may be cancelled if payment is not received within 30 days of the membership renewal date.
- Should you cancel your membership at any stage during your membership year; a refund will not be given.
- Your membership is corporate and is non-transferable.
- You must notify our Member Services Officer of any changes to your contact details by letter, fax or email to ensure your membership benefits are available to you.
- You agree to receiving information relevent to this membership in electronic format.
- Changes to our annual membership fee structure will take effect on 1 January.
- We reserve the right to alter the services available to members at any time.
- Changes to this Disclaimer are made at the discretion of the Management Committee and may be made without prior written notice to existing members. Changes will be posted here.